Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Team
The Connectivity Services (CS) team is responsible for the infrastructure services (e.g. WAN, LAN, Security Services, DC LAN, Wi-Fi, etc) for the SwissRe Global Network, Production Facilities for DCs and ICT Rooms, Service Transition & Decommissioning.
About the Role
- The Network Engineer acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our global network footprint; builds positive cross-functional team dynamics and relationships with customer and other units; maintaining healthy and productive communities within the wider organization.
- She/he supports the existing engineering team in their daily work and takes over the responsibility in service design and transition to deliver a constantly improving, cost efficient and highly available service.
- Provides expert technical assistance for issues that cannot be resolved within operations and reviews product and integration architecture
- Provides expert advice directly to customers
- Interact with the outsourcing partner(s) to insure that they develop, validate and support the solutions required by Swiss Re and meet Swiss Re security and networking standards )
- Looks for different and better ways of doing things and actively bringing them up with improvement proposals
- Optimize the existing environment by evaluating and developing new technologies/products/concepts and lead PoCs and lab testing; manage roadmaps and product portfolios
- Passion for engineering
- Learn something new every day
- Taking end-to-end ownership and responsibility
- Collaborative, team focus and great communication skills
- Working independently and self-managed in a global team
- Pro-active, forward looking mind set; "doer" mentality and is easy to interact with.
- Enjoys to understand new technologies and shaping new products for our customers
- Process oriented mindset (engineering process)
- Ability to work in a variety of customer settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Advocate and evangelize for best practices like automated testing, continuous integration (CI), automation, documentation etc
- Comfortable to speak and present at meetings and write blogs
- Familiarity with Agile and/or Lean approaches is a clear plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills relating to networking and security implementations
- Troubleshoot and resolve network performance related issues especially with regard to application migration to the various clouds
- Ability to carry out detailed network and security analyses (troubleshooting, developing optimization proposals etc)
- Methodical and systematic approach towards gathering requirements, designing solutions, documentation and communication; ability to assess the marketplace (understand what is out there); ability to translate requirements into solutions
- Ability to design high availability networking concepts and techniques i.e. Load Balancing, Clustering, Failover, diverse connectivity scenarios
- Knowledge, deep understanding and experience of Riverbed's WAN Optimization technologies including HTTPs and SMBv3 optimization.
- Experience with Riverbed Steel Central Solution including Shark, Profiler, Gateway and Transaction Analyzer
- Familiarity with NPM (network performance management) and APM (application performance management) disciplines
- Understanding of SD-WAN technology
- Deep understanding of BGP routing
- LAN/WAN/SD-WAN technologies
- WAN routing technologies i.e. MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Overlay VPNs
- Network security e.g Cisco firewalls or others, Cisco ISE, Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Algosec
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco routing/switching and Firewalls software including Cisco IOS, ASA OS, and NX-OS
- VPN knowledge (site to site, overlay networking) with emphasis on Cloud connectivity
- Experience working with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools e.g Solarwinds, Wireshark
- Scripting/Programming know-how such as PowerShell, Perl/Python, Bash/Shell
- Proven experience in Windows and or Linux operating systems
- Automation tooling knowledge a plus
- Any German dialect (desirable)
Minimum base salary for this job from 1700 EUR gross/month/full time. Our offer to you may be higher based on your skills and experience and will include additional rewards and benefits. We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions. Our compensation philosophy is to pay fairly, also considering market situation and the value employees may bring to Swiss Re.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: 88308